Thursday, February 26, 2009

Black Hole?

For years I have joked that my belly button was a bottomless abyss. Embarrassed by the fact that it makes the extra storage of fat in my abdomen a little more obvious as it is not taught, but a hole that speaks to you when you run with just a sports bra on. Something I only would do when I was out in the country at Ma and Pa's on a hot day. The thought of someone seeing my hidden treasure stored there, left me grabbing for my shirt that was tucked in the back whenever a car would approach. During my spring break of my third year teaching I went out to Colorado and then onto a road trip with a few friends. I came home with a souvinier of a belly button piercing that half hid the hole, or atleast the depth of it. It is the type of belly button hole that if you stuck your finger in, it would get sucked right up...you'd be lucky if you could retrieve your finger at all.

Well, that abyss opened again when I found out I was pregnant and my OB-GYN told me I had to take out my belly button ring. Ugh! Right now, I am excited to say there is a bottom to that black hole! I checked it out and not an ounce of lint present! I have about a half inch left to my belly button, what would be a typical innie belly button. However, there are high hopes that as we near the end of pregnancy, I will be one of the few that the belly button will pop out and never go back in. I guess if it doesn't , at least it will continue to be good for storing a jelly bean or two or we can go back a few years and do some body shots...it is like an automatic shot glass that I can carry everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I think belly buttons are such a funny thing. Mine is so darn little and tight, it never even popped out! However, it does tend to smell because you honestly cannot get in there to clean it. Crazy stuff, crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so let me describe the visual I had whilst I read this.

    Scene: Way up norf der hey by Ma and Pa Prochnow's. Kersten, out on road running in naught but shoes, shorts, and a sports bra. A car approaches.

    Woman: Ooooh, would you look at dat der hey, Johnny? Runnin' in dis weather?

    Man: Oh, yah...she's a crazy one, eh.

    Woman: Uf dah, I can't even walk let alone HOLY SHIT PULL THIS CAR OVER RIGHT NOW JONATHON! RIGHT NOW.

    Man: What da hey Meredith? Why in the--OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT WOMAN'S BELLY BUTTON!

    Woman: OSAMA BIN LADEN MUST BE IN THERE! CALL THE FBI!

    Haha, I guess I would have never thought you would have anything to be embarrassed about in regards to those washboard abs. I suppose we all have our insecurities. Mine would be skin tone. If I went outside and laid out in a pile of snow in that running gear, people walking by would wonder who the hell through a pair of shorts and sports bra in a snow bank.

    ReplyDelete