Thursday, May 26, 2011

Through her eyes...

And what beautiful eyes they are! When the busyiness of the day takes away from the moments, you miss so much. Since I had gotten so much done this afternoon I could give Alexa my undivided attention...well, almost. I often forget how everything is a new experience. So we planted flowers and watered them. It is amazing how she wants to help with everything, and sometimes it slows us down a bit, but shouldn't that be the way life is? How the simple pleasures of bubbles in our bath makes us giggle and laugh and running around without a shirt on is acceptable at 2. We sat and shared a fruit bar and Alexa kept trying to bite it, but taking the time to show her how to suck on it brought so much more pleasure and a new experience along with it. The memories we create like sitting down on the kitchen rug to share a banana, or the simple wink will carry through many years. I hope my life slows down to share more of these experiences with my daughter and not so much pushing through to get through the day. The simple things in life bring so much pleasure, like chasing bubbles and smelling the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment