Friday, May 6, 2011

Only pages left....

The end of the book is always the best, especially when you don't take that peek ahead to see what happens, as I often do. So many changes going on in life, and as we age we come to realize it doesn't come easier...we only accept it. Or accept what lies ahead. I love teaching, although I will be the first to tell you it has its bumps in the roads. Any job does. Sometimes the future scares me for my daughters sake, and there are times I realize I will be a better parent for being a teacher. 24 days, and I am counting....not because I necessarily want this chapter to end, in fact I am sad for it to end as the future is uncertain if this is what will be waiting or not and I know I have lot to still give, but I can only imagine the stepping stones ahead.

So as I sit here this morning in a quiet house, I realize that there won't be many moments like this once I am that SAHM. And because I refuse to go in early on a Friday, I kick up my feet, pick up my computer with my cat on my lap (and arms, which makes it even tougher to type), and drink my cup of coffee and reflect on what lies ahead. The stepping stones in our beautiful future that we have.....the moments that make life special. This would be one of those moments that I say, wow, I'm living the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment